Paint Ideas For Your Homeschool Area
If you have a child who is learning from home, either as a regular homeschool student, or a child who has surprisingly taken to homeschool studies due to the COVID-19 virus, then it is important for you to create a welcoming, calming homeschool area for your child to work in and provide a place for he/she to be able to focus on their studies. Adding a calming paint color within the workspace is one way to create an environment that is conducive to active learning. You may decide to paint the entire room a specific color, or paint an accent wall, or even add furniture, and other accents, that are of a particular color, in order to help create a positive space for learning. Below, you will find some color ideas for you to consider, as you help make a great homeschool space for your child.
- Green paint: There are a wide variety of green paints from which to choose, and most experts agree that green paint colors help to simulate the feeling of the great outdoors. For many students, the nature-inspired color of green can help them stay calm and be able to focus more easily than if they were surrounded by some other colors.
- Beige/Gray paint: Beige and gray, and even the color tone of “greige”, can evoke a calming feeling, as well. Neutral colors are always a safe bet, and a neutral background for your student may be the key to providing an environment that will provide a great sense of tranquility.
- Yellow paint: If your child thrives in a positive, uplifting environment, then perhaps using yellow paint color is the best choice for him/her. Yellow colors help a person stay alert and pay attention to what is going on around them, which can be very beneficial for some students.
- Orange paint: Orange is another color that evokes a fun and active environment. Although orange walls may not be for every student, it can definitely work for some people who like an attentive atmosphere.
- Chalkboard paint/Whiteboard paint: Many homeschoolers will benefit from having a large space where they can work on problems and do their active learning. If you are considering a large space for them to write on the walls, then blackboard or whiteboard paint may be a great option for you.
The paint color, or colors, that you choose for your homeschool area will greatly depend on the personality of your child. With some careful planning and thoughtful consideration, you can create an area that will be productive and welcoming for your young student.